1. My clients feel that the leadership coaching with me is effective. It combines teaching them new leadership skills while also showing them how to apply the skills in their jobs. I quickly come up to speed on understanding my client's industry, in my client's language. And, I highly value the leadership coaching being practical and pragmatic (not general or theoretical - that won't help anything).
2. I believe that most (over 95%) of people can be coached to be more effective leaders. This comes across to my clients in the positive approach I convey in the leadership coaching. It's clear from our first meeting that I see us as collaborators. I respect they will always know more about their workplace and people in it, and, I will bring my expertise about how to make those situations better by coaching people to be more effective leaders.
3. My approach is analytical. Most coaches speak in generalities. My coaching is based on using leadership assessment data to quickly understand my client's opportunities for change, why they are currently stuck, and, what's the best way forward. In the course of working with me, many of my clients develop a newfound interest in using leadership assessment data to understand themselves and their own associates.
4. The leadership coaching is specific. I realize that the reason coaching usually works is because the individual has a very clear picture of what to say and how to say it. This gives them the confidence to lead in new ways. In that vein, my clients like the way I can nearly script what they could say to others - often as applied to difficult situations. Once they have a picture of how to say something, they can put their own spin on it, make it their own and become the change agent they want to become.
5. Overall, my clients put 1-4 together and find that working with me as their leadership coach helps them to be more impactful and productive as they learn and master new skills. They know I'm "all-in," appreciating their successes and helping them navigate around their challenges. They also find the leadership coaching experience with me to be an enjoyable experience - I'm known to have a good sense of humor and a near bottomless number of movie references I use in the leadership coaching (particularly from the Marvel Universe - please don't judge).